I saw the check_mk added the ability to monitor the qmail mail queue, so I wanted to get that setup on a few plesk servers. The auto inventory wasn’t seeing the qmail and therefore wasn’t adding the check. It turns out that two things were wrong:
- I updated the check_mk agent on the plesk server, but didn’t update the check_mk software on the nagios host. I needed to install the latest version in BOTH places to get it working.
- Plesk uses its own paths, so we had to symlink /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat to /bin/qmail-qstat
ln -s /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat /bin/qmail-qstat
I spent way too much time figuring that out. Hopefully this post will help the next poor soul!